Re: SCP under SSH2

On Sun, Sep 11, 2005 at 10:03:22PM -0400, Claudio Robles wrote:
> Not sure if I can ask this question here....
>
>  It is possible to use SCP under SSH2? and if this is the case, where can I
> find the SCP protocol?  I understand that the protocol is in fact, RCP
> protocol, but also I have not being able to find it....

Unfortuantely, one of the longest-overdue documents from anyone to
anyone in this working group is my often-promised informational RFC
documenting the rcp protocol.

It's not hard to do, it's just mechanical work with the rcp source
code (the canonical version is the one in 4.4BSD-Lite2 tree -- what
one really wants is to describe that, then document the very slight
differences in behaviour of the other 4.3-derived code out there in
the wild).  If you are doing a from-scratch implementation and want
to produce such an RFC, please don't allow my failure to ever get
enough round tuits to stop you.

Thor