Re: New Version Notification for draft-green-secsh-ecc-07

--On Tuesday, June 02, 2009 12:04:03 AM -0400 der Mouse <mouse%Rodents-Montreal.ORG@localhost> wrote:

 >> Has anyone here tried to implement [draft-green-secsh-ecc]?
I'd like to, but it appears unimplementable without copies of X9.63
and IEEE1363, [...]
ANSI X9.63 and IEEE 1363 are listed as informative references only.
I believe that SEC 1, listed as a normative reference, contains all
information required to implement ECDH, ECDSA, and ECMQV; it is
freely available from the URL in the references.

Actually, it is not; it is at least two and I think three links removed
from the URL in the references.  (The shortest path I've found is
http://www.secg.org/ -> "Documents" ->
http://www.secg.org/index.php?action=secg,docs_home -> "Released
Standards" -> http://www.secg.org/?action=secg,docs_secg -> "SEC1:
Elliptic Curve Cryptography version 2.0" ->
http://www.secg.org/download/aid-780/sec1-v2.pdf.)

This is true. A better reference would be one that includes a link directly to the document in question, rather than just to the SECG web site. However, a stable reference is important too -- a URL that will stop working is not very useful.

-- Jeff